The site homepage has now moved from http://essexmarineforum.co.uk/forum to http://essexmarineforum.co.uk
Please update your bookmarks and links.

To return to the homepage please click the link or the site logo at the top of the page.
The site is almost updated and is now functioning correctly. Although some features may still change these will be purely cosmetic.
This will not affect your posts, replies or images.

Slim

My Four footer

206 posts in this topic

Some of you already know me on here and other sites. My name is Paul and like many others I started with freshwater tanks before dipping into the salty stuff a few years ago . My first marine tank was a 80l nano , then upgraded quickly to a sumped jewel vision 180. My current tank is a 4x2x2 tank with a small sump , total volume of just over 400l.  I will add some pics of the tank soon . 

Up until recently it was a mix of sps , softies and a few heads of hammer . But due to some neglect over the summer ( spent too much time enjoying the good weather on my motorbike) the tank crashed and I lost all my sps :(.
Still got my mushrooms, leather, hammers and a large gorg plus all the fish are doing great.
Fish stock is
3 yellow tailed damsels
2 humbug damsels
1 common clown
1 six line wrasse
1 coral beauty
1 yellow tang.

Equipment has evolved a bit since first setting this tank up and I'm currently using -
Mp10es and a
Jebao rw15 for flow.
Aqua one moray return pump.
Bubble magus nac6 skimmer with needle wheel upgrade.
Tmc bio pellet reactor using crest aquatic pellets.
Ro di pod with rowaphos on a steady flow.
Korallin calcium reactor .
Lighting is a mix of 2x39w t5 plus a aquaone radiance 120 led light unit.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I picked up a mp40wes yesterday that I plan to swap for the mp10 that's currently on the tank , it's soaking in vinegar to clean at the moment.
We also had a power cut during the night for a couple of hours but everything seems ok this morning, thankfully.

I picked up a mp40wes yesterday that I plan to swap for the mp10 that's currently on the tank , it's soaking in vinegar to clean at the moment.
We also had a power cut during the night for a couple of hours but everything seems ok this morning, thankfully.

Have u considered getting a battery back up for mp40?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After losing my sps a while ago I nearly shut down the tank and sold up, but decided to stick with it and keep softies and fish . It was the amazing variety of marine fish that pulled me into the hobby .

Came home today to find my six line wrasse upside down stuck to the side of the powerhead , rip little fish. Also a little star having a good munch on my new zoa frag.
Everything else is looking good though.

How old was the sixline?

Had it a few years, got it from Woody when I got some Kenya tree from you.

Oh so its my fault for giving you the kenya tree......,

It was happy swimming around the indestructible coral. No signs of any problems with the wrasse other than it was dead :( .

Tank looks great Paul and lots of movement I would imagine with all the softies ?

Shame you lost the wrasse, but the others look very happy.

Martin

Tank looks great Paul and lots of movement I would imagine with all the softies ?
Shame you lost the wrasse, but the others look very happy.

Martin

Hi Martin. Yes plenty of movement. You may recognise a few of the corals in my tank that came from yours a few years ago. How's things going for you?

Im doing fine thanks Paul, thought I recognized those orange mushrooms lol. Will be getting a build thread up soon with some pictures.

Martin