The site homepage has now moved from http://essexmarineforum.co.uk/forum to http://essexmarineforum.co.uk
Please update your bookmarks and links.

To return to the homepage please click the link or the site logo at the top of the page.
The site is almost updated and is now functioning correctly. Although some features may still change these will be purely cosmetic.
This will not affect your posts, replies or images.

Sign in to follow this  
Darren West

tank change around

4 posts in this topic

so i currently have a 18' sq frag tank that is a bit small

so the plan is to move the current frag tank lower down and fill it with algeas 

then to replace the work top and put this tank up there

109E6156-A218-4264-8CCB-09E329D5CF90.jpg

currently sitting in the garden with 80 degree water and the water is heavily chlorinated to remove any nasties that roy had a problem with 

this tank was built for roy but as you all know he has removed his old system and has a stunning new tank in the making 

i have already drained the old frag tank and just about to pop out to get some plumbing bits for it 

so the big tank has been in soak for 2 hours and then i put it in my hot tub with the jets on for a hour 

the descaled and other chemicals should deff kill any thing else in the tank

after that i have sprayed white vinegar all over it and scrubbed the tank , rinsed it and I'm happy that nothing will survive that lot of cleaning

re siliconed the tank connectors and painted the back and sides  

its not in place with a new bit or worktop i found at work 

i did not actually plan to get this up and running for a few weeks but once i got started i just kinda kept going 

8A1F0024-36EF-4F02-A712-9C94E39BC11E.jpg

filling up with ro and a heater in there along with a power head

im kinda hoping to have enough water in there to be able to add the frags tonight and the 2 clown fish

ill leave it as a stand alone system for tonight and connect up the pumps and return once the silicon has dried

got the algae tank all re connected up with a led light over it 

29C71283-E359-42F1-BDDD-1B0D2A82AD77.jpg

I'm hoping that once the algae grows it will consume some of the phosphates and in turn make my rowa last longer