The site homepage has now moved from http://essexmarineforum.co.uk/forum to http://essexmarineforum.co.uk
Please update your bookmarks and links.

To return to the homepage please click the link or the site logo at the top of the page.
The site is almost updated and is now functioning correctly. Although some features may still change these will be purely cosmetic.
This will not affect your posts, replies or images.

Sign in to follow this  
lisavickers

Lisa's reefer

30 posts in this topic

I thought I should start a thread for my new tank, so here it is.

The reefer was delivered on Thursday, the stand had been assembled by my lfs, which saved me having to wait for hubby to build it, I started the transfer on Friday, which was an absolute nightmare, I'd borrowed some containers from a lfs, turned out one of the containers was contaminated (even though lfs tried to tell me it was DI water, never in my life have I smelt DI water that smelled like polish).

Once that was all sorted it was full speed with the transfer.

This is my old tank.

e21352f36befb2c2c0d1fed527c5e8e6.jpg

During the transfer.

5181671d0d9293addce39e145532d531.jpg59deab15533af9a358bdc642665aef53.jpgc1703ed863056f0b05f3d5bbec8119ff.jpge7b79a72e6aadc25e4b107ec08d96578.jpg362c553005f0026c0623896e7fb66c86.jpg

Last picture is an up to date fts. xxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

... is that a tardis in your tank?

Yes its a tardis, when I originally changed my tropical tank to the salty side my oldest daughter got the hump, she loved the tropical fish, so as a way to win her over i kept the tardis (she is a Dr who fan) now we all like it so its stayed, iv also got a crashed plane in there as well �. xxx

Going really well, had a few problems stopping the 2 rw15's from moving the sand, but sorted that now, im not going to be buying any corals for a while (unless its something I just cant say no to), I want to give everything a chance to grow, duncans already piping out new heads.

Hows yours going, quick question when you done your water change, did you turn the return pump off. xxx

Glad to hear going well.

I am also going to let settle and not buy anything which will be hard with so many gaps and have too much green and orange but best to wait and see them settle.

Great to see growth in such a short period of time.

I do turn off return pump as it will run dry as it pumps into MT and no water returning from downpipe. I also drain and fill from sump since buying a small pump which is great as no lifting or requiring gravity to kick in.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

How's the tank , everything settling in?

Saw you bidding on FB, you just can't resist.

Paul

Tanks doing great, fighting gha due to bad ro, but getting there slowly.

Don't im terrible, but everything iv had has grown really well, so worth the few pounds it costs, just don't tell my hubby that its about £150 a month 😉.

Hows your tank doing. xxx

Tanks doing great, fighting gha due to bad ro, but getting there slowly.

Don't im terrible, but everything iv had has grown really well, so worth the few pounds it costs, just don't tell my hubby that its about £150 a month .

Hows your tank doing. xxx

You are certainly hooked and with a bigger tank there is lots more spaces to fill, lol.

Tank is doing ok, had a diatom outbreak in one corner so turned lights back a bit and cleared corals to improve flow.

I am the opposite as not bought any corals for 3 weeks and will leave for another couple of weeks to let the tank settle. Going to start looking for a red tracky and also after a purple plating monti along with a couple of sps frags but not green Fancy a yellow piece but do not want something that is too challenging to care for, will pop in to see Paul @ AAC as usually got a great choice.

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The good thing with the way im doing it with the bidding is I wont get it for a month, so technically im not really adding anything yet 😉. xxx

The good thing with the way im doing it with the bidding is I wont get it for a month, so technically im not really adding anything yet . xxx

That also reduces he postage charge too I assume as you bid individually but get in bulk, nice

Time for an update, still got high nitrate, but phos is coming down nicely, I will give it another month then do a triton test to check the heavy metals levels. All corals and fish are doing really well, in fact my male cardinal is carrying eggs, iv only had them about a month. xxx

Did you go for bio pellets in the end?

Yeah I did I put half the recommended amount in and moved the sump around so the out flow from the reactor goes to the in flow of the skimmer, I only added them Wednesday so giving it a bit of time to start. xxx

Yeah I did I put half the recommended amount in and moved the sump around so the out flow from the reactor goes to the in flow of the skimmer, I only added them Wednesday so giving it a bit of time to start. xxx

As already said will take some time to kick in.

Everything takes so long!!!! Should be used to it by now

Not been about for a while, bad health and lack of love for the tank, but things are looking a lot better in both respects, will try and get an updated video on here asap. xxx